If you’ve been following my tumblog, you’ll sort of notice that I like to read a lot. Hehe. Uploading a book post soon (stay tuned for that). Lately, I’ve been searching/Googling high and low for good places to read around Metro Manila til I came across other amazing bookstores (not found in the Philippines, sadly). Here are a few, interesting places I found:
05. Shakespeare & Company, Paris, France. For those readers not as impressed by architecture as they are by the beauty of books upon books upon more books in narrow hallways — not to mention a quaint place to nap — this place is for you. ©
04. Poplar Kid’s Republic, Beijing, China. One of China’s first and most extensive children’s bookstores yet. With over 3,000 illustrated storybooks and the colorful, playful, lively ambiance, the store encourages children and their parents to stop by, read together and enjoy the facility. They even have storytelling events every weekend. A place I’d bring my future children to. ©
03. 10 Corso Como Bookshop, Milan, Italy. The concept of 10 Corso Como is a multifunction dedicated to art, music, fashion, design, cuisine and culture. Majestic, modern, mint. ©
02. Cook & Book, Brussels, Belgium. Bookstores/cafes have become a rather fashionable concept in the recent past and we have to say that in many cases, this combination has worked well to bring the best out of the two. With a book to read (also the floating books overhead) and some sweet goodies to nibble on — where can you possibly go wrong. ©
01. Livraria da Vila, Sao Paulo, Brazil. First words that come to mind as I was browsing photos of this bookstore: conducive, cozy, colorful. From dramatic rotating bookshelf front doors to the cozy seating, this bookstore gives only the best to get you staying in their store the entire day. ©
I cannot wait to travel the world and visit these places. Praying I get to start soon. Wahhh!
Note that these are my personal top 5 :)